Too late to register. Please come back next year for more workshops!
Register in 3 Easy Steps!
1. At the bottom of this page click “Register”
2. Once you’ve hit the “Summit” button for “Register” click “Pay Now” for the weeks you would like to your child to attend. You only have to register once, but if you would like to sign your child up for multiple weeks you have to click “Pay Now” for each individual week.
3. Sign you “Permission Slip” which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page
When: 1:00-3:30 July and August
Where: 1432 Ironwood Street, Campbell River (The Campbell River Commons beside UPS)
Who: Grades 3-6 welcome!
Week 1 | $80 | July 30 – August 3
- Create a secret message just like Harry Potter. Communicate the way George Washington did with his troops—it’s a secret.
- How to power your cell phone while camping—how do batteries work and household items you can use to power up your cell phone
- Be a detective at a crime scene—the math and science of forensics
- Planes, gyros, spinning tops the science of space and momentum and twirling helicopters
- Car races and crazy boats
- Engineering sturdy bridges, density towers
- DNA models—what are you made of
- Breathing machines, lungs and the earth
Week 2 | $80 | August 13 – 17
- Fabulous filters
- Jungles in bottles
- Fantastic fossils
- Sun prints as art and design and sun dials
- Wormery the little workers underneath the soil
- Planting without dirt
- Seedling pots that will make your cat and chickens happy
- Zero mile diets eat what you grow
- Latitude locators
- Brilliant barometers predict the weather before it happens
- Rain gauges how much rain is too much
- Thermometers and evaporation
- Which way does the wind blow—if you are a pilot you need to know. Making an anemometer
- Spinning whirlpools
- Saltwater jars