This is a 10 day training series that will prepare students to work in one of the fastest growing Industry. This series is a total of 60 hours of training, with 6 certificates upon completion.
- Food Safe – 6 hours
- WHIMIS – 6 hours
- Customer Service – 6 hours
- Cashier – 6 hours
- Barista – 6 hours
- Food Counter Attendants – 30 hours
NOC 6711 Food Counter Attendants
Food counter attendants are employed by restaurants, cafes, hotels, fast food outlets, cafeterias, groceries and other tourism establishments. They handle customer enquiries, prepare and maintain workstations, prepare heat and finish cooking simple food items and drinks, and serve customers at food counters. The Food Service Counter Attendant should be able to establish a rapport with guests, demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Take customers’ orders
- Use equipment to prepare food items such as sandwiches, soups, salads, smoothies, juices and other simple meals.
- Portion, assemble, and wrap food or place it directly on plates for service to patrons, and package take-out food
- Use equipment to prepare hot beverages such as coffee and tea specialties
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Receive payment for food items purchased.
Instructor: Carole Vézeau