This is a 10-day training series that will prepare students to work in the fast growing food Industry. This series is a total of 60 hours training. Students will each receive there own paring and Chef knives with 3 certificates upon completion, giving them the tools needed to start there cooking career. Call Mosaic to customize training details and location to meet the needs of your group.
- Food Safe Certification
- WHIMIS Certification
- Prep Cook Certification
NOC 6322 Cooks
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, pubs, fast food outlets, food trucks, hospitals and other establishment. Cooks are also employed aboard ships and in fishing and logging camp. The prep cooks wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit to the chef’s requirements. They maintain a clean and organized kitchen and other duties to assist other cooks and kitchen staff. It is the prep cook work that ensures a smooth running operation.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify, maintain and safely use different types of kitchen knives
- Be familiar with kitchen equipment needed such as blenders, food processor, mixer, meat slicer, mandolines and more
- Understand cooking terms
- Unpack and properly store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas
- Know techniques used to safely expand recipes.
- Maintain clean kitchen and work area
- Prepare basic items such as sauces, dressings, salads, dips, soups, sandwiches and more.
We may live without poetry, music and art;
We may live without conscience,
and live without heart;
We may live without friends;
We may live without books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks.
– Owen Meredith, ‘Lucile’