This is a two-week program where participants work with an instructor to research career opportunities. When possible we invite business and employer contacts to the classroom to speak on career options or take field trips when appropriate.
– To conduct research into at least 3 career paths and produce evidence of the research in the form of printed and digital documents
– To conduct information interviews in each career path if possible
– To conduct research into at least 10 job listings and produce evidence of the research in the form of printed and digital documents.
– To research training from several institutions
– Participants will attend Mosaic from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday to Friday for two weeks
– During these sessions participants will have the services of an instructor and technology to conduct career and job postings research
– Participants will be expected to continue research on their own for the afternoon session to complete the required information, for example make calls to potential employers and schools regarding training
– Participants will save work on a flash drive or send to their home email. These files will then be available to participants
– Participants will become familiar with the WorkBC and WorkSafeBC websites as well as other major job banks
– Students will complete a summary of their research for their VRC