– When I signed up for this computer course I was skeptical, boy was I in for a surprise. I got so much out of this course, the instructor was great and the environment encouraged learning, myself and the rest of the group felt comfortable and welcome.
– Using computers was not part of my previous job, but after an injury I had to start looking for jobs that I could handle physically and that usually meant using a computer. Learning the computer at my age seemed overwhelming, but after taking short computer courses at Mosaic I felt confident with the basics and and now I use a computer in job search and expect to use a computer on the job.
– I’m working in a doctor’s office now! My employer is happy I am taking the medical terminology course at Mosaic, because she will be able to delegate more to me as I get to know more of the terms she uses in charting her patients.
– I think it should be mandatory for everyone who is looking for a new job to take the Beyond Customer Service Course at Mosaic, not only for those who intend to work as a front line customer service associate but any job. This one day course opened my eyes to potential opportunities in my future. As I started to look ahead in a positive way and explore new directions more opportunities came to light. The learning environment is welcoming and supportive. Thank you Mosaic
– I loved the Barista Course at Mosaic. I now have a whole new appreciation for coffee and I’m looking for a part-time job after school.
– The classrooms at Mosaic are really comfortable and pay attention to those who have disabilities.
– Learning at Mosaic got rid of my fear of exploring with the computer, I feel confident now to keep on going.
– It really helped to have a Mosaic tutor while I was enrolled in the online program at BCIT, I would have been lost and probably would not have completed the course without a tutor.
I am writing concerning courses I recently attended at Mosaic Vocational School. Seven weeks ago I started a WorksafeBC Vocational Retraining Programme at your school, Computer Series, General Office Procedures and Equipment Series, which I completed on June 3, 2016. I must admit Mosaic was not my first choice for Career Training. I had hoped to do on-line courses through a local college, but now realize, attending Mosaic was the better choice for me.
Having instructors readily available to help me, when struggling through assignments, was just what I needed and would not have had if I had chosen on-line courses. Reminders of ‘get up and move around’ are reminders I am still using in my daily routine of job searches, checking emails, and surfing the internet.
The bonus of having smaller classes enabled more one on one instruction between myself and my instructors, a service not offered on-line or in larger learning centres. Smaller classes also allowed the chance of forming friendships with fellow students and the instructors.
My only complaint, it was a lot of information to absorb and learn in such a short time!
I will, however, use the materials and resources I was given by my instructors, to continue practicing the skills I learned at Mosaic.
My overall experience with Mosaic Vocational School, Bert Forrester (General Manager), Instructors, Sarah Teter and Gale Anson, was very positive. Mosaic is a warm and inviting learning centre and the instructors have a wealth of knowledge that they willing teach to all students that attend their facility.
I will highly recommend Mosaic Vocational School to others who are seeking retraining or considering upgrading their skills. I would like you to put me on your mailing list to inform me of any beneficial courses Mosaic may be instructing in this area so I can have the opportunity of attending and sharing the information.
Thank you for helping me learn the skills I will need as I start a new chapter in my life working in an office setting.